Are you not satisfied with your free baggage allowances included in your ticket fare? Are you planning to buy extra checked baggage? Don’t worry! With United Airlines, it is easy to add checked baggage to your existing United Airlines booking without any hassle.
Though United Airlines has a very decent baggage policy, which applies to all reservations, still many passengers/travelers look for ways to purchase additional checked baggage allowance so they can travel with all their essentials.
Baggage Weight Allowances
The free United Airlines baggage allowance provided to the passengers varies by travel class and route. According to the new baggage policy published on August 31, 2018, United Economy passengers can check-in baggage with the weight limit of 50lbs. However, the passengers traveling on travel classes, including United Business, United First, and United Polaris® business class, are allowed to check-in baggage with the weight limit of 70lbs.
How to Calculate the Baggage Fee?
Before starting the purchasing process, passengers should make sure about their applicable checked baggage fees. They need to calculate the baggage fee using the integrated baggage calculator tool. Follow these steps to check your checked baggage fees before purchasing.
- Launch the official website of the United Airlines
- Go to Travel Information which are located on the header
- Further, click on “Baggage information.”
- Click on “Checked bags.”
- Find out “cost to check my bag?”
- You can calculate your baggage, either using “MileagePlus sign-in” or “Flight confirmation.”
- If you choose to calculate using MileagePlus sign-in, then enter “Number or username” and “Password.” Further, click on “view my baggage charges.” However, passengers who want to calculate using Flight confirmation are required to enter “Confirmation” and “Last Name.”
After calculating your entitled baggage fees, you can now make a decision whether to purchase additional baggage to your existing United Airlines reservations or not.
United Airlines has introduced the incredible facility for the convenience of the passengers, which let you to prepay for your additional checked baggage online. Here are the steps, which you can use to make payment for your checked baggage
- Launch the official website of United Airlines.
- Now click on “My Trips.”
- Enter your flight confirmation number and last name.
- Access your trip details
- Scroll down to the “Bags” section and further select “Checked bags.”
- Now, choose “Pay for checked bags.” and enter the number of a bag you wish to check-in.
- Read all the details carefully.
- Further, click on “Continue to payment.”
Passengers, who are unable to make the payment online, can avail immediate assistance from the experts by calling directly on United Airlines reservations helpdesk.
Moreover, passengers can also do it from the dedicated United Airlines Airport Kiosk. As soon as you arrive at the airport, head towards Airport Kiosk. Now make the payment for your checked baggage and print your bag tag. Further, attach the tag to your bags and leave it at the baggage drop counter.
Hope this information works for you. For any questions or queries, we recommend you to contact the airline directly via its dedicated helpline number.